Push release from Alves for Danbury:
Sept. 10, 2021
City Councilman and Democratic prospect for mayor Roberto Alves today unveiled his strategy to assist modest corporations through the COVID-19 pandemic, lower red tape, and create alternatives for new and possible enterprises to prosper. The Alves program takes advantage of metropolis resources, American Rescue Prepare (ARP) funding, and greater governmental performance to deliver the required aid to Danbury’s existing little firms and enable recruit new kinds to the metropolis.
“Tiny corporations are the lifeblood of our financial system, and they have been hit amazingly really hard about the earlier 18 months,” mentioned Councilman Roberto Alves. “If we want Danbury to achieve its entire opportunity, we need to have to focus on supporting modest organizations as they recuperate and bringing in new kinds. It is equally vital that the town and the Business of Business enterprise Advocacy present direct companies to prospective and existing smaller firms with a concentrate on filling vacant storefronts and chopping purple tape. It truly is pretty easy: if we want firms to expand and realize success in Danbury, we have to support them thrive. My strategy is the only a person that does this.” concluded Alves.
Each and every element of Alves’ small enterprise approach, which can be found under, phone calls for a renewed emphasis from the town and is centered around fiscal and administrative steps that the metropolis can consider on its have, which includes taking benefit of American Rescue Plan (ARP) funds to help enterprises damaged by COVID-19, such as funding pilot plans, non-repayable loans, and neighborhood revitalization grants all aimed at serving to smaller corporations get better.
Also, the Alves system locations an emphasis on generating area careers, rising the city’s grand list, invigorating enterprise districts and industrial facilities, and bolstering the city’s Workplace of Enterprise Advocacy to greater assist and provide additional direct products and services to firms.
Alves for Danbury, Smaller Business enterprise Plan
Little business is the lifeblood of any regional financial system, that is why it can be essential now a lot more than ever that our town supports our existing organizations by supplying COVID-similar help by way of the use of American Rescue Approach (ARP) cash, chopping pink tape, and investing in our community. It really is also equally significant to bring in new business enterprise to develop grand list progress, fill vacant storefronts, and build great-paying out community careers.
- Increase downtown and our business enterprise districts by investing in infrastructure improvements and beautification, creating much more parking, and raising area transportation possibilities
- Carry out new tax incentive courses designed readily available to compact organizations and commercial actual estate builders who dedicate to home enhancements and produce careers in Danbury
- Bolster our Office of Company Advocacy so it can present additional immediate companies to compact companies with a emphasis on aiding companies with acquiring condition and federal COVID relief financial loans and other out there grant revenue
- Build a industrial actual estate emptiness portal for the town and prospective enterprise owners to manage and enable quickly fill vacant storefronts
- Improve Danbury’s marketing abilities so that we can reveal to all modest organization entrepreneurs our city’s lively potential
- Use engineering to modernize the licensing and allowing method and empower small company proprietors to interact extra competently with the city
- Evaluate the city’s zoning restrictions in partnership with professional residence and company house owners to improve and use existing house on Mill Plain Rd
- Thoughtfully and strategically implement ARP cash to help little companies via pilot applications, non-repayable loans, and neighborhood revitalization grants, we can support carry our economy to lifestyle.
Roberto Alves has been endorsed by the Connecticut Working People Occasion, Western Connecticut AFL-CIO, AFT Connecticut, SEIU 1199 New England, CSEA SEIU Neighborhood 2001, CEUI, and has gained the Moms Demand Action Gun Sense Candidate Difference. A product of Danbury’s general public schools, Roberto Alves is a Town Councilman At-Huge and provides virtually a ten years of non-public sector and community-pushed encounter to the posture. He lives on West Redding Street in Danbury with his spouse Robyn, and their two young children, Julius and Catalina.
This press release was created by Alves for Danbury. The sights expressed listed here are the author’s have.